New Patient Registration
We provide care to patients in parts of the Burton area.
We encourage all members of the family to register with the practice.
How To Register As A Patient
If you live in our practice area and wish to register as a patient at our surgery then we need certain information from you and each member of your family so as to be able to trace your previous medical records.
We advise you here on how you may register as there are several methods of doing so.
- Please phone the surgery to ensure you are living within our catchment area.
- You may call into the surgery bringing with you your NHS medical cards from your previous NHS doctor.
- You may call into the surgery without bringing with you your NHS medical cards from your previous NHS doctor. This may arise if you cannot find your cards or if you do not have any e.g. if you have recently arrived in the country. This is less preferable since it may take longer to trace your medical records and you will have to fill in more paper work, so please find your medical cards if you can.
- Obtain the appropriate forms from reception, or print them from here (see below).
- The practice will contact you confirming that you have been accepted, in accordance with our protocol.
Prior to any appointments with a GP unless it is an emergency it will be necessary for you and all members of the family over 5 years of age to attend for a new patient health check. This will be with our Health care Assistant or a Practice Nurse.
After confirming with the surgery, that you live in our catchment area you may print off a registration form, fill it out and bring it in with you to register at the practice. Please refer to our 'Boundary Map' to see if you are eligible to register with this practice
When you register you will also be asked to fill out a medical questionnaire. This is because it can take a considerable time for us to receive your medical records. You may print this off, fill it out and bring it with you to the surgery. Alternatively you may wish to collect this from the surgery.
Patient Preference Of Practitioner
You can request a doctor of your choice but this will depend on availability. Please note you may have to wait longer to see your preferred GP and it may not be possible to see them in cases of urgent consultations.
Mjog The Automated Text Messaging Service
The practice offers a new text messaging service. Appointment reminders, cancellations and health campaign messages. If you do not wish to use the service please completed the opt-out form below and hand it into reception.
Test Messaging Service Opt Out form